Tuesday 4 February 2014

Restarting From Adulthood.

After my nephew joined I wanted to see what scouting was going on in Plymouth and I was shocked to see that it was still running strong. I decided to see if I could help with my local group here in Plymouth and to my amazement there was a big list of groups requiring help. Well how could I say no. After scouring the Internet I found a phone number of someone by the name of Chris who turned out to be the local area leader. I was invited to meet up with him and to run through a few forms and background checks just to make sure I was able to help out in the way I wanted. In a few months later I had a call from Chris saying I passed all my background checks and he was happy for me to help out with the Monday group. The leaders name is John who turned out to be quite a rugged man who looked like he had just come from the outback (Grizzly Adams) he was also known by the name of King Louie as I found out resided from the Jungle book. 

I arrived on the night agreed and all the kids were a great laugh. Well the night went well and I continued to go every Monday. 

And also check myself out on...

Twitter 

Instagram

Forum

So please come back and check out my other posts. 

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment