Tuesday 4 February 2014

25-08-13 Heading Out Letterboxing

Dartmoor Letterboxing


Hey all I'm slowly catching up with all these blogs. And I do apologise for any spelling mistakes, I'm kind of doing this on my mobile as my 22 month old likes to sit on my laptop when typing. 

Well back to last summer the scouts was trying to find something all the scouts would enjoy and that was some form of outdoor activity. Well I brought up the idea of Letterboxing, it's fun and I described it to them as a form of treasure  hunting. 

Well it was 25th August 2013 and the day arrived and I was excited. My bag was packed my lunch made and the car filled up with fuel. 

As we arrived a quick walk through was done with a safety brief of staying away from the bogs as they may swallow you alive and don't put your hands into dark holes as Adders are known to live up here.  


Well we started as a tight nit group at first till some found boxes and then we all broke off into groups. I think it was something daft like 4 leaders to  8 kids. 


Ellie relaxing for lunch. 

Well as the day ended the stamps was totalled up and was amazed that we had a sub total of 30 stamps. 

So just a few photo of the day.



And also check myself out on...

Twitter 

Instagram

Forum

So please come back and check out my other posts. 

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment