Thursday 27 February 2014

Review - Dmt Double Sided Sharpener.

This is the DMT Diamond Whetstone a folding multi grits sharpening tool with a difference. 

It is very a very portable tool that can be used wherever. 




With a multi sided sharpening diamond coated plate on this particular one from (600 x 1200 grits) 

It is incased in a folding polycarbonate handle that is very hard wearing. 

With this I had a new Svord pheasant knife that I had just received and it was so blunt you couldn't even cut butter. 




Well as a challenge I used the new sharpener and at first decided to use it as a person who had no ability or understand of sharpening knives on the 600 side. In this case forwards and backwards like using a file and to be honest I was highly impressed. From the five minutes I've used it I've taken the blunt edge and have turned it into a very sharp edge. 


Bold Patch

And then decided to give it the next five minutes on the opposite 1200 side. This had then added that extra Wham and turned out to be razor-sharp edge. So much so I shave the hairs off my arm with it. 

My opinion of this tool is highly recommended someone has no ability on how to use a sharpening stone as all it requires is 10 minutes of your time and a cup of water to dip the sharpener into. It is highly portable and weighs almost nothing. So you can carry it in your pocket. 

OVERALL RATING: 10/10

And also check myself out on...

Twitter 

Instagram

Forum

So please come back and check out my other posts. 

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment