Thursday 13 February 2014

Review - Bushbox Outdoor Pocket Stove.

This is the famous multi-fuel hobo stove. It can be used with wood, other organic material, a standard Trangia burner or Esbit. Comes with two trivets for any pot size.




It looked flimsy at first but once mine arrived in the post I was shocked by its weight. Coming in at 272g and made of full stainless steel. 

It's made in Germany so you know it will last the age of time, and is designed and build to a fantastic standard. 

The downfall I find with this product is the shody cotton pouch that is issued with it. Trying to put the stove away into this cotton bag was a nightmare. 

But once you have used the stove, then try's to put it back into the white cotton pouch, it then becomes a black pouch due the ash from the stove and your hands. 

The pouch is 4mm smaller than the actual stove. And I have come to the conclusion that I will have to make a leather pouch for mine. 

(I will post a blog on how to make at later date). 

Back to the stove, It comes in peaces but in under a minute it's up and ready to use. 

With all the plates lazer cut to size. They easily slot together to create a sturdy and solid locking base. 



With all that great engineering and design it has given it alot of air circulation holes from underneath the stove including all sides and showing off that awesome camp fire logo.  

The other thing I like is that it has a ash tray built in underneath to save all those hot ashes damaging the forest floor. 

I tested mine using a full mug of water and that got to the boiling in under 5 minuets. I plan to test my zebra tin on it shortley. 

But in overall this is a great item and a great space and weight saving product. 

OVERALL RATING: 9/10

And also check myself out on...

Twitter 

Instagram

Forum

So please come back and check out my other posts. 

Thank you.

For a larger version have a look at our Bushbox XL

No comments:

Post a Comment