Saturday 8 February 2014

Review - Condor Bushlore Knife

CONDOR BUSHCRAFT KNIFE - REVIEW



This knife is from the Condor range and I have to say I'm Very impressed! Now I've had this knife for about a year know and I have given it a proper beating. I've used it in survival days, doing everything from chopping small deadwood that's like steel to carving and even using it to start my fire with the spine of the knife. That solid hardwood handle has held fast and not come lose but I did keep loosing that razor sharp edge. However after adding a micro bevel it now holds that great sharp edge thanks to that carbon steel full tang blade. 

Blade Length: 107mm (4¼in)
Blade Material: Carbon Steel
Handle Material: Wood
Overall Length: 241mm (9½in)
Sheath: Leather

I had problems with the Condor Bushlore Mini with regards to the handle size and fit. But you can see in this photo that isn't the problem with this knife. 


And comparing it to the mini you can really see the difference. 


You do kind of get the feeling that they just put the Condor Bushlore into a photocopier and pushed the 1/2 scale button and out pops the mini. 

But saying that they really have put a lot of heart and sole in this blade. I feel the handle could be polished, as out of the box it is dry. But even the great solid leather sheath has been made with care. It has been fassened with that heavy stitching and them steel rivets top and bottom this will last the ages of time. 

OVERALL RATING: 8/10
-1 due having to correct the blade
-1 due to the handle being very dry 

And also check myself out on...

Twitter 

Instagram

Forum

So please come back and check out my other posts. 

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment